Thursday, September 28, 2023

I think it’s hard to know how to love God

1 Corinthians 16:14 "Do everything in love".  First we must love God.  How can we love what we can not see?   I find it easier to love things and people than it is for me to remember to Love God.   We must love God, in order to truly love people.    What I do to, keep God front and center in my life with love is to try my best to be thankful to Him in all things.    I need to constantly think and pray, “Thank you God, …. Thank you God for loving me so much that you sent Jesus to die for me…, Thank you God that there is nothing to big for you,   Thank you God that I can TRUST you in all things…..” I need to stay in thanksgiving and awe, to remember to seek Him and His ways above my own ideas of fulfillment.   Reading His word daily helps me stay grounded in His love.    We love Him because He first loves us!! When I think of how much He loves me, it's easier for me to love Him back.   One of my dearest friends used to say, " Don't love something that can't love you back".  God loved us first, He created each of us on purpose and loves each of us as we are.   He doesn't love our sin.  But with a love beyond understanding He love us.     Today, I am going to try to simply rest in His love so I can love Him back.   I will walk in adoration of His magnificence!  Even in His majesty He has the time and desire to love each of us intimately.   What an amazing love,  He has for each of us.   Be filled with that love today and “do everything in love.” Perfect love casts out fear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment