Friday, September 15, 2023

Being good just isn’t enough. We need Jesus!

“But Jesus didn’t trust them, because he knew all about people. No one needed to tell him about human nature, for he knew what was in each person’s heart ”

—John 2:24–25      The other day I asked a friend of mine if he knew he was going to Heaven when he died.   He said, "I hope so."    I said, "You can know so!!" Then I asked him, "Do you know you are a sinner?"   He became pretty uncomfortable and said, "that's pretty personal".  I said, not really.   We are all sinners.   He said he tried to be a good person , "I'm not perfect. But I'm a pretty good person".I said, "No one is good enough to save themselves.  Our sin separates us from God, Only Jesus can pay the price of our sins and make us right with God." We talked further and he realized his grumbling and complaining are sins, he realized he was a sinner and needed a Savior.   My friend went on to believe in his heart and confess with his mouth that Jesus is Lord!    I know my friend now has Heaven to look forward to!!!!   If we don't recognize we are sinners we don't need a savior.    Do you know you are a sinner? Do you trust that Jesus paid the price of your sin on the cross?   Do you believe He rose from the dead and is sitting on the right hand of the Father? Do you KNOW you are going to Heaven?

Know so!!! TRUST Jesus as your one and only way.   Know that no matter how good we may be, we are not good enough on our own.   We need Jesus!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment