Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Do not fret- it only leads to evil

Psalm 37:8 "Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret- it leads only to evil."   

I used to have a real temper. I would get so angry that I had nasty things to say.  I could just feel the rage vibrate my whole body.  It was a horrible thing.

All that anger, all that rage started with just the wrong thinking.   In the Bible. It says "it's better not to take offense in the first place".  Now, when someone  does some thing, that is seemingly against me, I remember; they too, are coming from a place of brokenness.

I ask God to heal their heart, fill them with His Holy Spirit, so they can trust Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and know His  peace.

Anger, evil speaking, course jestering, all that comes from letting my mind go down the rabbit hole of fret and stinking thinking.  When,  I seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, I can love others as He loves me; loving people where they are, not where I want them to be.   Then, I don't get the rage inside of me.    Instead, I get His peace and true compassion for others.  

Today, if you are tempted to get angry, STOP, let Jesus fill your heart with His peace.  Do not take offense in the first place it only leads to evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment