Friday, October 27, 2023

Plan B

Jeremiah 17:7 “But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord whose confidence is in Him.”    TRUST!!  Wednesday, my Dad dropped me off at the airport in CA.  I was sad to leave, but looking forward to time with my grandson on Thursday.   I had a tight connection in Chicago and missed my flight.    I watched the plane sit there for a good 15 minutes with the gate closed.  i was not allowed on.  No exceptions!  I was so frustrated I just wanted to cry.   All I could think of is that if I was going to be gone an extra day, I would rather be at my Dads’. A man at the airport comforted me with Romans 8:28.  He didn’t know I was a Christian.  That is just the way he comforted me. I was so refreshed by his big smile and him reminding me of scripture.   I made it home Thursday night.  My plane ride back to Wisconsin was glorious!!   I had views of full fall colors, and amazing clouds, none of which I could’ve seen if my flight would’ve been at night.   God gave me a silver lining.  During my down time, I was able to accomplish work for a project I have a deadline for.  Everything worked out and I get to spend time with my grandson today.   I felt pretty hopeless and very teary, as I looked at that plane at the gate.  Sometimes,  the things that make us very teary open the doors to something else.  TRUST He will make you a way.


No comments:

Post a Comment