Thursday, October 5, 2023

Broken and contrite heart leads to fullness

Psalm 51:17 "The sacrifices of God, are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise."  As I read this verse, I thought about when I quit drinking. I spent 29 years wanting to quit drinking.  This morning I’m remembering how devastating the disease of alcoholism was ravishing me and my family.   I had a broken and contrite heart,  I truly desired to live for the Lord, not live for my alcoholism. That was the beginning of my new life.  Sincere repentance lead me to Jesus, my forgiveness, my new right standing with God, was what I received!!!  I never want to go back to drinking.   It was destroying everything. To stay clean, I continually let go of the old and reach for the new in Jesus Christ.   He is the best health and wellness program I can imagine!!!    What ever hinders you from being all God created you to be, be inspired to let it go and latch on to Jesus!!!😇🙏❤️ Be truly well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment