Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Knowing when to Quit?

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."   .....11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe He exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek Him."  FAITH.  One of my dearest  friends signs off with "keep the faith"     I say I have faith, but where is my faith when I try to manipulate and control everything?    I don't do this with an evil intent, as  word “manipulate”might suggest.   I try to take control.   I have a difficult time with knowing when to quit.  My montra seems to be " never give up". Eventually things will work or I'll hit a cement wall and won't be able to try anymore.    Yesterday, we were going to put my sons dog Roscoe down.  Things happened and we couldn't get it done yesterday and we have to wait tell Friday.   In the meantime.  Roscoe ate some food for me and stood up wagging his tail.    So we had a glimpse of hope.  We decided to try an other round of medicine on him and delay His being put down.   This morning I'm wondering, am I acting in faith or simply throwing a Hail Mary.  Life is full of difficult decisions and many times we don't know if we are making the right ones.    What I know is if I seek Gods guidance first, it's easier for me to " keep the faith ".  Today my prayer again is; “Your ways God, not mine!    I TRUST you in everything. Help me Father in all my thoughts, words, deeds and decisions let what ever I do truly honor You!”😇🦅🙏🌸❤️.  I hope this helps you too “keep the faith” in your difficult decisions.  Roman 8:28 " And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."   This verse helps me remember that even in my " bad decisions" , God will work it out.    I might have to learn a life lesson but He'll work it out for His glory.  😇🦅

No comments:

Post a Comment