Monday, July 18, 2022

Let it go… pray for them

Matthew 18:35 "This is how my Heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart. " Forgiveness from the heart without harboring resentment.    I was very angry with someone when I first quit drinking my Theropist told me to ,"pray for him".   I about vomited on my words I had so much venom inside me towards him.   My first prayer for him was simply," Lord bless him".  Eventually I had a heart felt prayer toward him and I truly have no malice in my heart toward him at all now.    I don't want to have a relationship with this person but I truly have love towards him as he is.   

Forgiveness from the heart has Freed me.   Holding onto  bitterness has never worked out well for me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment