Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Let His “Son” Shine-feel His warmth

John 1:4 "In Him was life and that life was the light of men."......16 "From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another."  I’m watching the sunrise this morning and feeling it’s warmth as it shines through the windows.  That’s what it’s like when we let Jesus reign in our head and our hearts.  We can feel His warmth. We can live a life in the light.  When I was actively drinking I would do many things I was embarrassed by.    The next day I would “hide” and try to ignore my bad behaviors hoping others would ignore them and forget them.    I especially hoped my children would forget my horribleness.    That was a time in my life I was continually walking in darkness.   I was plagued by my guilt and shame and couldn’t seem to let go of the drinking and all that went with it.  I held tight to the alcohol and ignored the light.  I didn’t want to be “exposed”.  When I finally believed the truth, that I am forgiven and made new through the finished work of Jesus.  I let go of associating with my wrongs and started living in the light and living in His blessings.  I still sin, I’m humane, even though I’m sober now.  I was hoping I wouldn’t be a sinner when I got clean, but that’s not how it works.( All sin and fall short of the glory of God) I am however walking in the light.   I do sin but my sins don’t define me.   I give those to Jesus as I recognize them and in exchange I take on His light,  His life, His blessings.  I hope this helps you today too.  Not be buried by your poor choices  but walk in His light, life and blessings.    That is why He came to Earth to die for each of us. So we can truly live!!!πŸ˜‡πŸ™❤️πŸ¦…

No comments:

Post a Comment