Friday, August 26, 2022

Same old same old…. Break the chains!!!

Put off the old man.   Put on your new creation.    Be dead to sin walk in His righteousness.    This was the message from Andrew Womeck this morning.     I have been a Christian for many years  and I’m sure I will go to Heaven, when I die because of Jesus finished work on the cross.  I know that I would have since I first believed.  I have freedom for my eternal salvation.  But for some reason I fall into bondage in my here and now.  I can still be such a mess going back to my same old same old sins.   I get convicted to change and then….. same old same old.   It’s a battle that many of us face.   Before I sin, I actively give myself permission.  I use some made up justification.   It’s always a disfunctional thought, that I let grow which leads me down the path I know I don’t want to do.  Yet I do it anyway. Today I’m extra motivated to do the right thing cuz I’m facing consequences for my poor choices.   Someday,  I hope to be able to just stop the downward spiral thinking before I get into downward behavior.    To do this I have to actively control my thinking.   I have to die to sin and embrace His righteousness.   I can’t do this on my own strength       I have to ask the Lord to help me.   Then intentionally walk in His light.  John 3:16 “This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.”   Romans 6:11 “In the same way, count yourself dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.” All my poor choices start with a thought that I let run wild.  Today be inspired to take captive your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment