Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Trying to be filled with a withering piece of grass?

 Isaiah 40:6-8 " A voice says, "Cry out." And I said , "What shall I cry?"  "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field.  7 The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the Lord blows on them.  Surely the people are grass. The grass withers and flowers fall but the word of our God stands forever." 

All men are like grass they wither and fall.    I have been guilty of putting man above God.   I am a single gal and sometimes I think that if I were to be married my life would be more complete I look for a "man" to fulfill my heart.   This is so silly.   Only God can fill the empty spaces in our hearts.  When we look to have a person, "complete us" we are looking to have a withering piece of grass fill the depths of our souls.  No wonder we get disappointed in our relationships.      Jesus never said let your spouse complete you. He said in Matthew 22:37 "Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment 39 And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself."  When we fist love God and focus on Him we can have the love inside of us to love others as ourselves.   Jesus also said, if you love me you will keep my commands."   (John 14:15) When we love God first He fills us out of His fullness, so we can enter into God pleasing friendships and possibly God pleasing marriages.     Today let the love of God complete you.   People are simply not able to meet our deepest needs.   God is fully capable and able.    I am a huge fan of marriage.  It’s gift from God.    But even the perfect spouse is like a withering piece of grass.    Be inspired to love them as they are.  Do this by first filling yourself with the word of God, so you can know the love of God.  Be the love of God!!!๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ™❤️๐Ÿฆ… If you’re single love God, trust He has you where He wants you for now.   If you do get a spouse Gods’way,  it’ll be a gift from Heaven.    Cherish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment