Saturday, August 6, 2022

Learning through life lessons

John 5:14 "Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him,"See you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you."   

We are forgiven and made right with God through the powerful gift of Jesus.    Yet, we have consequences for our actions.  This verse reminds me to try hard to keep turning away from sin.   If I ask people for advise many will tell me I'm doing good.   I'm being to hard on myself.   I'm not trying to live up to people standards I'm trying to be more like Jesus. God sees my heart.  He is making me truly well from the inside out.    The only way I seem to pay attention is through consequences.  Sometimes I wish I could just "get it" without the painful life lessons  but even in the middle of my mess. I remember, He is with me, loving me through it!!   Jesus also told the woman at the well, "Go and sin no more!!" That is impossible this side of heaven but we can joyfully accept the refining process and keep on keeping on, through the powerful gift of Jesus.    Through Him we are not defined by our sin. We are defined by His righteousness!! 

“See you are well again,  stop sinning or something worse may happen to you”……,this also reminds me of when I was actively trying to quit drinking.   I could quit for a bit then I would think life was going good and I could handle a glass of wine …. Pretty soon I would be drinking full force again and it would take “Something worse” a new rock bottom before I would try to get sober again.   I praise God I survived my last rock bottom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment