Friday, September 23, 2022

Changing our wine desires

 John 2:8 "Then He told them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet." They did so, 9and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew.  Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best tell now."    Jesus first miracle was turning water into wine.   As a recovering alcoholic.   I used to tell myself I'll drink wine again when Jesus turns my water into wine. 😇.  Personally I like drinking water from pretty wine glasses.   Many times as a Non drinker people will give me a not very pretty cup with water.  Funny isn't?   I am sober so I notice the pretty more then someone who is not.  But that is our culture we reward alcohol drinking.    I have been clean for a time.  I'm so thankful that I have been able to leave that behavior in the past; one day at a time.   It's been freeing!!   The miracle of me enjoying water over wine is a gift from God.  That is also what He has done in my desires; He has written His law in my heart and I do truly desire what He wants for me over what my flesh wants for me.    It is still a battle.  But when I remember He took my desire for wine to be a desire for water I  have confidence He will continue to work out my other fleshy desires and turn them into desire that are God pleasing.    Hope you like this perspective on water and wine today😇🙏❤️🦅

No comments:

Post a Comment