Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Unrepentant Sin tears our relationships apart

Unrepentant Sin.   Unrepentant sin is like going out and rolling yourself in mud/manure bath and refusing to take a shower but wanting your loved one to be close to you anyways.   Our loved ones will struggle with us when we continue to have unrepentant sin.  My boys were 12 and 14 when I quit drinking. When I first "got clean again" they said, "sure mom, whatever ".  They didn't believe I truly wanted a relationship with them more then I wanted the booze.    My personal addictive behaviors have gotten in the way of my relationships.  I'm a bit of a fitness fanatic I've calmed down a bunch but I can see how it gets in the way of other priorities in my life.  One definition of addition is if a behavior affects your relationships.  I personally hate it when my son points out my exercise addiction.  It's a behavior I hold pretty tight to and don't want to look at.   I have gotten a lot better, because I have recognized, my unrepentant sin.  I now put God and reading His word first in my life before I do any type of workout.   That really helps me remember to keep first things first.    How are you doing in keeping first things first?  Our loved ones will struggle with our unrepentant sinful behaviors.   It's hard for them not to take offense.    God sees our hearts.   Ask Him to help you own your behavior and own your desire to let the sin go.    Psalm 139:23 "Search me, O God and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way of everlasting."   


No comments:

Post a Comment