Thursday, September 8, 2022

Service works starts in the heart

Service work!! Day to day life is service work. 😇.  Last weekend here at the lake was magnificent!! We had low winds and 80 degree temps I was able to do lots of water skiing and even saw the Northern lights.  It was truly wonderful.    But even in the middle of amazing I got frustrated. I am a planner.   I plan so many details I don't leave room for people being late, miscommunication or anything of the sort  especially on perfect day that I want to "make the most of".   What I came to realize as I was not doing, "my plan", Service work starts in the heart.     For me to enjoy my day I had to be intentionally rolling with others and their timing with a loving patient heart.    When we plan things with others  we are often disappointed with thier timelines their choices. When I am expecting others to do as I want I am usually wrong and I can get a frustrated attitude.    True service work is loving others as Jesus loves them.   Just as they are, with patience and kindness .    Gods plans are not my plans, when I  remember people are where they are for a reason and  accept that God has me where He wants me for a reason, I can give up my carnally minded expectations and walk in loving others Spiritually minded serving them, where they are, not where I want them to be. Acts of service starts in our hearts, during our every day encounters😇🙏❤️🦅 

Romans 8:5 "Those who live according to the sinful nature have thier minds set on what that nature desires: but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires."

No comments:

Post a Comment