Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Fight sloth

Proverbs 24:30 "I went past the field of a sluggard, past the vineyard of the man who lacks judgement; 31 Thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins.  32 I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw: 33 A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man."  Funny how people can encourage each other to do nothing.  I graduated from high school in 1980 back then I felt like we encouraged each other to " go for it!"  Are you the type of person that encourages others to be their best?  When I keep company of people who are “workers” I am more likely to do the same.  When I quit drinking I needed to be with others who were fighting the good fight as well.   The company we keep is important!   Are you being the kind of company you would like to keep?  Be encouraged to fight sloth today and get up!!   Proverbs 24:16 " for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity."

No comments:

Post a Comment