Monday, July 8, 2024

Self care verses selfish

Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.  4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."   These verses made me stop and take inventory of my actions.   Am I truly interested in the interests of others or am I consumed with my personal desires?   In all sincerity, this is a battle for me.    We live in a culture that says, “ Take care of your self so you can take care of others.”   Although I agree with this statement to a point, sometimes my “self care” is the most important thing to me.   Truly when I have an opportunity to say “YES” , and be of service to others , in the long run it is far more beneficial to me than my temporary self care.    Jesus took time to get away from the crowds and pray and be with Our Father.(self care).  It’s important to take care of ourselves.   It’s also important to do nothing out of selfish ambition and consider others better than our selves.    Be encouraged to use your self care as a means to be energized to be of good service. 😇🙏❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment