Friday, December 31, 2021

Past in the past!!

New Beginnings!!  In order to have a new beginning we have to let go of the past.  So simple, so true. Dec 27th I celebrated two birthdays 1.  My dog Isabelle, she is 17.  2.  my sobriety date.  I think it's so cool she was born on the day I quit drinking.  She and Jesus helped me change my life.   I needed to let go of romancing the idea of being a social/normal drinker and embrace an alcohol free life style. Jesus is the key to my sobriety through Him I have forgiveness for all my sins and I take on His right standing with God it's His gift to each of us if we simply believe.   I knew I'd forget how deeply I'm loved by Jesus if I ever started drinking again.  In my sobriety it's hard enough to do the right thing certainly in my drinking I continually compromised my integrity.    When I make poor choices I can beat myself up over and over again.    But that's wrong.  Jesus died for all my sin!!! Yesterday, today and tomorrow's, this doesn't make me want to live in sin it makes me let go of the wrong, shake it off and keep trying.    We get a fresh start with JESUS DAY BY DAY, moment by moment!!   When I quit drinking I had to find new things to do, one thing I did was walk my new dog.   The main thing I did was embrace my Christian walk, reading His word and taking the time to realize everything in the Bible is true and applies to my life.    Today and this new year.  My prayer for you is that you can intentionally leave the past in the past, learn from it and move forward with Jesus.  Forgive those who need to be forgiven and accept the forgiveness Jesus died to give you and move forward in the high calling of Christ Jesus!!  Happy, Blessed new year!!!πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ˜‡πŸ™ŒπŸ™πŸŽ❤️.  Isaiah 43:18-19 " Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. 19 See, I am doing a new thing!"   Isaiah 43:25 "I even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake and remembers your sins no more." Philippians3:13 " But one thing I do: "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize to which God has called me Heavenward in Christ Jesus."  Happy New Year!!!πŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸŽ†

No comments:

Post a Comment