Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Teachable is a good place to be

John 12:27 "Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say?  Father, save me from this hour? No it was for this very reason I came to this hour.  28 Father, glorify your name!"   These are the words of Jesus.   There is an old saying ,"We have to go through to get to."   I recently celebrated 18 years sober.   I quit drinking after a 2nd drunk driving ticket.   They were years apart so effectively I received two first offenses but I knew that if I didn't quit I would drive compromised again.   I really didn't like that ticket or all the money and therapy I had to go through.   But I am so thankful for that ticket today.      I have a great life, yes I have plenty of trouble(we all do) But wow, Do I have amazing!  I think about where my life could be if I'd have chosen to continue in the distruction.   It was for that very hour, I was born.    I am confident of that.    My alcoholism had been a huge benefit to me.   AA and other recovery  and Bible based groups have helped me with humility.  Humility makes me teachable.    Teachable is a good place to start.    Praise the Lord!  He can take our difficulties and make them our turning points😇🙏♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment