Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Manipulation?

This passage goes with yesterdays verse.        I'm a recovering Alcoholic part of my alcoholism is being a manipulator.  As an alcoholic I got used to protecting my addiction.  I manipulated my environment and the people around me to protect my disease. I didn’t realize I was doing that while I was actively using and it's still hard for me to realize when I am manipulating now.    How I recognize  my toxic behavior now  is reading the Word of God and letting it convict me.  It’s hard to obey His word over my worldly desires.  Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God....".  Matthew 11:30 “My yoke is easy, My burden is light.”    These are a couple verses that convict me, when I’m going in the wrong direction. Einstein learned 9,999 ways not to build a light bulb.   It's finding the balance of  knowing when to keep trying and when to let go and let God.  I'm pretty stubborn,   I get things in my head and heart then don't listen to Gods’ direction.  I pretend I am letting God.  But when I humbly look at myself.  I realize it's my pride, my manipulation not His word that I am following.    I hope this helps you reflect on whether or not you are doing life your way or HIS.  

No comments:

Post a Comment