Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Familiar?

John 13:34 "A new command I give you, Love one another, as I have loved you, so you must love one another."   I can more easily identify with love others as Jesus loves me then I can love your neighbor as yourself.    When I was a child many bad things happened and I felt very unloveable.   Rejection and hurt were familiar to me so I was drawn to abusive people.    When the people you love the most are the people who hurt you the most eventually you feel unworthy of love.    You internalize I'm not worthy. Truth is non of us are worthy!! Each one of us sins and continuously falls short of what God would want us to do or be.   So it’s easy for each of us to walk in unworthiness. Worthiness doesn't come from our behavior, it comes through the finished work of Jesus on the cross!!! He loves us each so much, he took all our unworthiness and sin, on the cross and in exchange gave us His worthiness and righteousness not because we earned it but because He loves us.   That is how we are to love others forgive them and love them completely.   It's so beautiful to love others this way.  It's so beautiful to love myself this way.   For me to truly love myself and others completely, I have to first accept the love Jesus died to give me.    Then, I can love other as Jesus loves me!!   I start with a. Simple prayer, “ Jesus, thank you for loving me, thank you for taking my son and making me right  help me remember always you are my Savior and friend!  ( I'm not advocating staying in abusive relationships, I'm against that!  We are not to put ourselves in hurtful abuse it's not being loved as Jesus loves us.    We can have loving forgiveness toward people that we can't allow in our lives)

No comments:

Post a Comment