Tuesday, January 17, 2023

He lifted me out of the slimy pit!

Psalm 40:1 "I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.  2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 3He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.  4 Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods."     

Whenever I read these verses I think of my deliverance from alcoholism.   I'm delivered from its all consuming grip.   That doesn't mean I am free to drink.    I can not drink or it's all consuming grip would destroy me once again and alcohol would be my God.  It would be my false God.   I used to use it for everything, when I was happy, when I was sad, I began to use it as just a way to function a continuous numbing.   

I was becoming the eye of crap tornado spewing crap over all my family and not realizing I was the problem.  I convinced myself I was "getting away with it".   When I read these verses I am so thankful, to have my feet on the solid ground of Jesus.    What keeps me sober is knowing that if I pick up again, the false god I'll be serving will be the booze.   It would be the thing that would consume my thoughts and planning.    Is there something consuming your thoughts? Is it Your love for Jesus?  Or do you have a false god and need to get your feet, back on the sold ROCK of Jesus?  He loves you more then you can imagine!!😇🙏♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment