Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Anger is one letter short of danger

I'm reading Dr David Jeremiah's devotional today.  In it is a quote, "Anger is one letter short of Danger."unknown author     Psalm 37:8 "Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret-it leads only to evil."    Do not fret!!   Proverbs 19:11 “A man’s wisdom gives him patience, it is to his glory to overlook offense.”  In order to not get angry do not take offense!!  Jesus says in Matthew 5:44 “But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.”    Pray for those who persecute you!!  It’s hard to be angry with people you are praying for.   I desire to practice forgiveness with intentional love in all my relationships.  It’s not easy to do.  I don’t think it’s humanly possible.  Therefore I pray, intentionally asking God to help me love when I have anger, bitterness or mistrust in my heart.   We are all fallen people, we each suffer with a plethora of sin. Let's look at what is right with each other, loving others as Jesus loves us. One of the people we have to intentionally forgive and love is ourselves!!πŸ˜‡♥️πŸ™πŸ’ƒ

No comments:

Post a Comment