Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Pride says… I’m not prideful

Ezekiel 28:5 "By your great skill in trading you have increased your wealth your heart has grown proud.......17 Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.   So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings."    Pride,  it is one of my downfalls.  Lately,  I have been confronted with my limitations, which is helping me not be so prideful.   When I walk in pride I can be "judgy ".  It’s really hard for me to see my own pride.  When my friend points it out, I get a little irritated.  Which is my pride.  These verses are reminding me to try my best to walk in humility, knowing every gift I have is not my doing but Jesus doing in me.  He gives me the talents and He gives me His Holy Spirit that inspires me to use His talents.    None of what I have is actually mine.  It’s all His.  Currently I’m handling my moms “stuff” she left behind.   Clearly none of it belongs to her.   Even her talents of kindness and hospitality only live on because of Jesus working in her.   Crazy how everything we have, everything we are, is His.    Will you be a good steward of your gifts today, in humility?

No comments:

Post a Comment