Thursday, February 3, 2022

Soar like an Eagle away from the things you could be ashamed of πŸ¦…

Romans 6:21 “What benefit did you reap at that time, from the things you are now ashamed of?”   I’m reading Romans Chapter 6 this morning it is filled with turning from sin so we can be alive in Christ Jesus.   Sin and lustful desires can really choke out my joy in Jesus.   When I gaze upon the wrong things I hurt myself and those around me.   Years ago I had an eating disorder.   I would continually fill my thoughts about my weight.  I got down to 85 pounds.(I was 5’4” at the time so I looked like a walking skeleton and thought I had weight to loose). Obsessive thinking on things that are not the word of God can and will hurt us.     Life has pain.   When I deal with the pain by turning to Gods word and let Him heal my heart,  I come through it without hurting others or myself.    But if I deal with this worlds pain on my own I can go down the rabbit hole of obsessive thinking and then I end up doing things I am now ashamed of.    To be heathy and well we need to take our every thought captive.   Recognize a thought that will lead to sin and stop it immediately.   The world will say, “ it’s okay, you need to nurture your feelings.    But when I nurture seeing what’s wrong with my loved ones resentment and hard heartedness grows.    When I nurture my desire to over eat or over or under anything then my disfunction grows.  Proverbs 23:7 “ as a man thinks in his heart so is he.”πŸ˜‡πŸŒΈπŸ™πŸ¦… Today let’s be carful with what we let ourselves think so as to not be engaged in something we’ll be ashamed ofπŸ˜‡

No comments:

Post a Comment