Saturday, February 19, 2022

Control the narrative!

Feb 19, today is exactly one week tell the American Birkebeiner!    This is a cross country ski event I look forward to all Winter.  It's a really fun week with lots of countries represented and a variety of activities from little kids to dogs to people skiing in their 80s. ( Not many of the later, pretty amazing the ones that do that).   In order to train for this event I have to keep the narrative in my head positive.   On the cold days,  I have to look at good snow conditions on the warm days I have to tell myself snow might be sloshy but it'll be fun.  When I have a four hour training ski ahead of me and no friends to meet me, I have to encourage myself with being thankful I can ski in the first place.  " The narrative in our heads plays a huge role in our healthy and wellness and our abilities to conquer life's circumstances.       We each face challenges every day, many are out of our control.    Nothing is out of Gods control.  He often doesn't answer prayers the way we prefer Him to.   But He does respond to each one when we pray through the powerful gift of Jesus.    TRUST!!!! If fear and doubt enter you brain those will enter your heart, what ever we think about expands.  Each of us have the ability to control our narratives and not let our narrative control us.  Today you might not "Feel" like eating right or moving well.  You may take comfort in an excuse you've come up with.   STOP !   Eat well, move well think well.  It's your choice.   Psalm 37:34 " Wait for the Lord and keep His ways. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, you will see it. ". 1 Corinthians 9:26 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.  27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."   I have heard this verse paraphrased," I discipline my body so it doesn't discipline me!!   Today, be inspired to take charge of the narrative in your head; so you can be truly well!!😇🌸🙏❤️🦅

No comments:

Post a Comment