Sunday, February 20, 2022

What are you truly chasing?

Matthew 15:8 "These people. Honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me." (words of Jesus).  This verse is loud in my heart today.   I am being convicted to be a doer of the word not nearly a hearer of it.   It's funny, I have been a Christian for so long I don't remember not being one; yet at different times in my life I've chased the wrong things, not what I know God is calling me to do.      To deny myself and pick up the cross means I deny things that take me away from doing what God wants me to do.    We can't be filled with anything outside ourselves, such as booze, money, food or sexual immorality and be truly full.  When we are hearers of the Word and not doers of the Word, we are not living life to the full.  It's not enough for me to quote scripture that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and then go ahead and try to satisfy my lust ignoring Gods word (even though I quote it).  Today let's be doers of the word not nearly hearers of the word so we can "be filled".    Hope this helps you today!!!๐Ÿ˜‡๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿฆ…๐Ÿ™❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment