Friday, September 24, 2021

Walk forward

Philippians 4:13 "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."   Letting go and pressing forward is the key to being fully present.  As Christians we walk in continual forgiveness.  It doesn't give us a ticket to keep sinning but a conviction to keep trying to do life, in the love of Jesus.   2Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation, the old has gone the new has come!"   When I first quit drinking my kids would say, “ yeah mom, you say that but remember…….”   I would say, “ Yes, I remember doing that and I am sorry.  I have been forgiven through Jesus and I hope you can forgive me too.  I am no longer that person I am a new creation in Jesus, that mom is gone! So please don’t hold her against me now “.   I meant that.   I owned my horrible behavior and  moved forward in a new direction.  It took a while for my children to Trust that I wasn’t planning to return to my old ways.   But eventually they started seeing me in a new light.  Immediately Jesus saw me in a new light.  Immediately as I believed upon Him as my Savior; I became a new creation so immediately I could say.  “ that’s not me anymore!”.  It’s a beautiful thing to not be defined by you past but be pressing forward to the high calling of God.   How are you doing today in living in your present moments with Jesus?   I have to remind myself of this often.   It’s true we are made new every moment of every day.   TRUST😇🦅🙏❤️🌸

No comments:

Post a Comment