Friday, August 30, 2024

A little TV; a lot of damage

Isaiah 64::6 “All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away…..8Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the Potter; we are all the work of your hand.”   This morning I was startled as I woke up from a dream, in that dream I screamed out a swear word.  This startled me!   The other day on the Pickleball courts my friends pointed out that a cuz word came out of my mouth.   I told them , “No, I said, “shoot”.”   They were in agreement that was not the word I used.   I have been watching a Netflix  series that is a bit dark.   I’m embarrassed to admit it, 

but I’m binge watching it at night.  I wanted to think that it wasn’t affecting me, but it is.   Whatever we feed ourselves shows up in our attitudes and behaviors.   I like the old saying, “Garbage in, garbage out.”   It’s funny, I know this show is poisoning my mind.   Yet, I still want to finish the series.   How crazy that I can know something is hurting me and still want to participate in it.   Sin is like that.   It's alluring, I can think, "just a little, won't hurt me". Then it becomes the very fiber of my being.    Thank you Jesus for freeing us from our sins!! Please Lord let me turn from it and turn to you.    What are you filling yourself with?   Is it drawing you closer to God? ( See James 4:7-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment