Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Don’t let guilt wreck you memories

Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.  8 He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in the year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

Jeremiah 17:14 "Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved for you are the one I praise."    Grief is a funny thing.  It plagues me with guilt.   I am reminded of the stages of grief I have experienced.   In the passing of each of my loved  ones,  I would like to go back and do things differently.   If I dwell on that,  then my memory of them, becomes the memory of my own guilt.  How sad that would be!!   People and pets come into our lives for a reason and a season.   Today, I choose to cherish the wonderful memories and experiences of my life and let go of the “me".  Isn’t it funny how pride shows up?   Father, please help me live in the humility required to truly trust you in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment