Monday, August 12, 2024

Slimy pit?

 Psalm 40:1-3 " I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.  2He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;  He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."  When I read “ He lifted me out of the slimy pit” I think of my drinking days.   So much of that was a slimy pit.  But that’s not my today!  I feel so blessed.   I still sin and fall short of the glory of God.  When I fall I try to remember, He is my great deliverer and I need not be stuck!    I am thinking of a neighbor of mine that became consumed with how horrible the crowds were on the weekends by his house.  He completely stopped enjoying his beautiful home.   He sold.  The new owners told me, 340 days a year this is the perfect place!!  We all have different “slimy pits”.  Often,  because of how we think.   If you fall in to a pit; try, try, try to remember to let God pull you out!  He is our great deliverer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment