Monday, August 19, 2024

Remembering what’s right

Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans of a man's heart, but it is the Lords purpose that prevails."  Yesterday I lost my little dog Isabelle. She was almost 20 years old.  I had hoped that she would simply fall asleep and not wake up.   Instead, she wondered off and fell in the lake.   I of course am thinking of how I could have prevented this tragic end  to her beautiful little life.  Today,  I am going to try to remember the beautiful of her life not the shock of her end.  She was born the day I quit drinking and I call her my little sobriety dog.   She helped me so very, very much these past almost 20 years.   I really, really miss her.  My son and his wife are here and that’s not an accident.   Yesterday, when I couldn’t find her my best buddy came over with her son to help me find her. That wasn’t an accident either.  God has His everlasting hand on even my small little dog.  He has His almighty hand on me in my grief.  Helping me to remember to treasure what she gave me and have peace with her end.    I hope this helps you too.  Remember what is right even when things seem wrong.    😇🙏❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment