Tuesday, August 27, 2024

We can make it through the storm

Psalm 139:23 "Search me, O God, and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts.  24 See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting."  Last night we had a huge storm North of us.  I could see a ton of lightning but couldn’t hear any thunder and it was dry and hot from my vantage point.   I thought it was “ heat lightning “.  But come to find out there is no such thing as heat lighting.   It is however a name given to the conditions I witnessed last night.  Heat lightning is a “Misnomer”.   Storms come and go in our lives and sometimes in the middle of a storm it’s devastating and sometimes you watch storms far off and it looks like a light show.  Today,  there is peace after the storm.  I’m sure there was damage too.  Every storm we make it through helps us realize we can weather all the storms through the powerful gift of Jesus.   We need not be anxious about anything.   Psalm 139:23-24“ Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me to the way of everlasting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment