Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Climb the mountain. One step at a time!

John 5:14 "Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See you are well again.  Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you."    Recently a couple of my friends have “relapsed”.  When I read this verse I thought of my relapsing with alcohol. I spent 29 years starting and stopping drinking before I hit my last low.  It was always the same old story, I would be sober for a little bit of time, (most I made it was 99 days) then I would decide to have "just one".   I could have just one or two for a week or so and then I'd be back at it full force with in a few weeks.   For me, once the drinking took me over,  it was like a mountain to climb to get even a 24 hour time frame sober.  I learned,  just like climbing a mountain, it's one step at a time.   Don't turn back just keep on keeping on!!   I'm so thankful I am clean today.   It's only because of the powerful gift of Jesus.   I keep looking to Him for my strength and my song.   If I don't; the deception of sin can easily snare me.   In AA I have heard many say, " I might have one more drunk in me, but I don't know I have one more sober in me.   The fear of the consequence of sin has been good for me.   It is the joy of Jesus that helps most.  Through Him, I enjoy my life,even with all its challenges.   What ever the sin is, knocking at your door, keep turning from it and keep turning to Jesus.   He is our great healer and redeemer!   One step at a time!!  Climb your mountain!! Never give up!!! Try,try, try  again.  Philippians 4:13 "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

No comments:

Post a Comment