Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Sleep well so you are not asleep

1 Thessalonians 5:5 "You are all sons of the light and sons of the day.  We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.  6 So then let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self controlled."   In order to be alert, we need physical sleep.  We are not to be asleep as in ignoring what is right.   We are to sleep as part of our health program. It's important for an average adult to get 7-10 hours of sleep daily.   Too much sleep is not good nor is too little.   Personally, I have a tough time disciplining myself to get enough sleep.   Lately is been catching up to me.   I get weary, overwhelmed, loose focus and even feel physically ill when I have a prolonged time of sleep deprivation.   It's on me!! I am the one that has to develop a better sleep pattern.    Without regular good quality sleep  we can be asleep in our lives. Today be motivated to sleep well so you can live well.

No comments:

Post a Comment