Friday, August 16, 2024

Don’t fret, be content

 Proverbs 19:23 "The fear of the Lord leads to life: Then one rests content, untouched by trouble. ".  Philippians 4:11 "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."  

 1Timothy 6:6 "But Godliness with contentment is great gain."   My son and his new wife are visiting me here at the lake.   They haven’t been able to be here for two years and I wanted everything perfect for them.  The weather forecast up until yesterday was perfect.   Now we have North winds and rain.  I wanted the house to be perfectly clean and nice but at last minute, my handyman  was able to come and fix a couple projects I’ve been wanting fixed all Summer.   So the house was a bit of a mess when my beloved got here.   It was and is tempting to be anxious.  I am choosing to believe that no matter what the weather, no matter what the circumstances, we will enjoy our time together.  God can work out amazing even when the circumstances are not as we would choose.   Trust and enjoy what is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment