Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Stay on track! What are you gazing at?

James 4:17"Anyone, then who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it sins."   Dang..... this speaks loudly to me today!!!    I have plenty of time on my hands and it's amazing how well I can squander it.   Today I was listening to Dr David Jeremiah, (Turning Point) he talked of the dog theory.  If a master puts a treat in front of a dog and wants the dog to wait, the master says NO,   The dog then takes his eye off the meat and looks at the master.  He stops looking at the treat because gazing at it increases the temptation.  The dog looks to the Master and gains discipline.  I can easily get distracted by temptations.   I am convicted to be more disciplined.   Two things are loud for me today.  1.  I have to look to God and not only be a hearer of His word but a doer.   2.  I need to be more organized with my time and do what I know needs done, without gazing at my distractions .    I hope this helps you today tooπŸ˜‡πŸ™❤️πŸŒΈπŸ¦…

No comments:

Post a Comment