Monday, January 31, 2022

What are we chasing? For me and my house we will serve the Lord…..I want to sometimes my flesh is so weak

Joshua 24:14 Now fear the Lord and serve Him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Eqypt and serve the Lord.  15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then chose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living.  But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”   What gods are you serving?  I call myself a Christian and my desire is to serve the Lord and do my beat to Love God and Live others.   Yet I find myself chasing after things of this world more then things of God.  When I was early in sobriety my counselor said, anything you put in front of your sobriety, you will loose.   At the time I was crazy in love with a man I wanted to marry, I put him first in all things…… I lost him.  I also lost my sobriety.    Today as I think of chasing the wrong gods I remember that time in my life.   It’s so easy to chase the wrong things and not put God first.   When I put God first and work in the things He has given me I can tell I am shinning.   But when I’m chasing my flesh I can tell I’m graveling.     Today my prayer is we all can simply serve our ever loving Lord and Savior.  So we can SHINE!!!πŸ˜‡πŸ™πŸŒΈ♥️πŸ’ƒπŸ¦…

No comments:

Post a Comment