Monday, March 14, 2022

Buck up!

2 Corinthians 7:10 "Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death."  Godly sorrow over my poor behavior produces a true desire to turn away.   Sin is so alluring, satisfying my flesh is momentarily fulfilling.   Worldly consequences usually don't keep me from my bad behaviors especially in todays world where everything is okay.  But we know better, we know gluttony is wrong, we know over spending is wrong we know gossip and complaining are wrong we don't live by the worlds standard we live by a higher standard.   We know in our hearts and through reading the Bible the direction God is calling us to go.  When I don’t do what I know He is leading me to do I have two choices.  1 Buck up and just do it!  2 Ignore His word and keep on the Kimberly spiral.    When I find the courage and strength to do life Christ centered,  it's not easier but it's deeply fulfilling.   Godly sorrow truly keeps turning me to salvation.   It's Jesus that saves us, with His finished work on the cross we don't earn our salvation it's a free gift!! When I keep ignoring my sin I get a hardened heart and that leads to me forgetting He is my Savior.  With Jesus assurance of my forgiveness,  I can keep bucking up when I fail!!   On my own I get a hardened heart.  Be inspired. Buck up today!!!😇 What ever you do do it heartily  for our Lord Jesus Christ!!!  Don’t be a man pleaser but a God pleaser!!

No comments:

Post a Comment