Saturday, March 12, 2022

Try again!!

1 Peter 2:25 "For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepard and Overseer of your souls."  We are all sheep that go astray!   All of us sin and fall short of the glory of God.  No one can earn their own salvation. We all need Jesus to pay the penalty of our sins and give us His right standing with God and His eternal life.  We can not do it on our own!! I have always been a fearsomely independent person.   At a young age my father left and my mom was very broken so buckling up was the only choice.    Being dependent of Jesus, His way, not mine is not easy for my independent, I can do it mind set.   Psalm 46:10 " Be still and know that I am God".   Be still, trust God His ways are greater then mine. To stay healthy and sober; I need to keep coming back to the throne, accept his forgiveness and try again,  every time I mess up.   When I first quit drinking, I had born again, again experiance (a rededication of my life to Jesus an illumination of my soul)  I experienced a 24 hour period that I truly felt there was no malice in me.  It was an amazing gift from God.   But even as a born again Christian sin still enters in my heart.  I still have evil desires.   God knows and understands my every thought.  He loves me through it all.  Over and over again,  He picks me up dusts me off and says, your forgiven now go and sin no more....  when I fall He is there.  Just as a parent teaching their child to walk.   He picks me up and has me try again!!!    Today let’s shake off the dust and try again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment