Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Love like He loves us

 John 15:12 "My command is this; love each other as I have loved you."  These are the words of Jesus!!   What a command!   When I was a child of 14 things were very, very hard.  My mom had married a man that was not good , she coped with alcohol and valume.  my dad and all our healthy family support were 500 miles away.  I felt no one could love me, that I was completely unloveable.  Then my grandma Holt came to live with us and she made sure I went to confirmation class.  In this class I studied the Bible and I realized JESUS loved me!!!!! He loved me even when I did the behaviors that would land me beatings, He loved me when I was in the dark places where  I used to hide.  Jesus loves each of us ALWAYS!!!  We can trust in that!!!!   Wow!!!  Jesus loves us and is with us always. Not because of how good we are but because He made us, just the way we are so we can love Him and He can love us!!!   How simple, how beautiful.    Someone said I need to work on my self esteem..... self esteem never gets me out of the muck.  Christ esteem delivers me.   I am the righteousness of Jesus Christ, because I believe He died on the cross to pay the price of my sin and He gives me His right standing with God and His resurrection.    He did this for each of us while we are still sinners.   Knowing I am the righteousness of Jesus gives me Christ esteem, even when I feel unworthy.  He loves us in the middle of our muck, that is how we are to love others.  Love each other with a pure heart not  because people are acting the way you want them to, love them because that is what we are commanded to do.   I'm not saying let people hurt you.  I'm saying love people with a forgiving sincerity of heart,even the ones you need to distance yourself from.   😇🙏🌸❤️🦅

No comments:

Post a Comment