Saturday, March 5, 2022

Idol worship? Not me…. We’ll maybe me

Psalm 44:17 "From the rest he makes a god, his idol; he bows down to it and worships. He prays to it and says, save me; you are my god."     Idol worship, it's easy to think...not me, but is it me?   When I was drinking I turned to alcohol to help me relax, celebrate and cope.  It is what I used to "save me".  As an addict I also struggle with codependency. Sometimes I think a person can be the one who "saves me".   Years ago I used to dream of the big diamond and the big house that if I had that I'd be better off.   One of my best  friends said to me, "Don't love something that can't love you back."  I never liked it when he said that but......it’s true.    When I find myself seeking comfort for my heart in anything outside of Jesus first, it’s like I am putting that behavior, person or thing as my idol….it’s ok to want beautiful things and enjoy healthy relationships, those are gifts from God.  When we think, things, behaviors or people can “save us”watch out.   That could be idol worship.   πŸ˜‡πŸ™πŸŒΈπŸ¦…πŸŽˆ

No comments:

Post a Comment