Sunday, March 13, 2022

Thought about giving up…., not a good option

Proverbs 3;7 “ Do not be wise in your own eyes, fear God and depart from evil.”

James 4:7 “ Submit yourselves, then to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and He will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double minded.”   Wash your hands, purify your hearts, want what God wants for you.   Resist the devil, the things and the behaviors you know God wants you to resist.   Draw near to Him, so He can direct your path.   In order for me to resist the desires in my heart that I know God is leading me to let go of.     I have to stop thinking about them.     I spent 29 years thinking about giving up drink but meanwhile fantasizing how I could be a normal drinker... Dreaming about what is bad for me is completely unhealthy. Being thankful for the wonderful things I do have and praising God for them keeps me in a good place.  😇🦅🙏🌸. Not always easy to keep my mind right.... always worth it!!   Yesterday I was in a Fat Tire race.  I didn't take the time to fill my tires, my race was painfully slow.  In the middle of it I could hear a voice in me wanting to grumble, complain and give up.   One guy ahead of me did.    I chose to thank God that I could do it, in the first place and decided to enjoy my ride.  One of my dearest friends says, " God didn't bring me this far to drop me now".     Keep on keeping on today.  Let go of the wrong and press toward the right.   Know through Jesus you continually are getting a fresh start!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment