Tuesday, March 1, 2022

“NEXT”

When I talk with my son and it's a subject he doesn't want to talk about he simply says, "Next".    Sometimes I try to push the issue and continue to talk then he will say, "Mom, if you keep going there, I'm going to hang up."   I don't like it when he does this.   I do respect it.   It saves our relationship to simply agree to disagree.   When I hit the tables at AA I didn't agree with everything people were saying.   Someone told me, "Take what you can, leave the rest."    That was great advise.   In the Bible it describes the end times as times families will be divided against eachother.   I can see that now.   Our political and religious  views can be passionate and dividing.    Today,  I'm going to take the words of Jesus to heart and action. I will 1st concentrate on loving God and secondly on loving others with a pure heart.    That might mean saying, "NEXT" and simply agreeing to disagree.   John 13:34. "A new command I give you: Love one another, as I have loved you , so you must love one another." 

Matthew 22:37 "Jesus replied: " Love the Lord your God, with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments "

No comments:

Post a Comment