Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Fit Bit (Wisdom)

Fit Bit (Wisdom)
Proverbs 8:1 “Does not wisdom call out?  Does not understanding raise her voice?”

Proverbs 8:10-11 “Chose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, 11for wisdom is more precious that rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her.”

Wisdom and understanding, let’s seek these first before we get emotional.
  As a woman, my emotions are usually very close to my surface.  When I act on them, I say and do things that are ridiculous.  I over eat, I say things I want to take back, my anxiety goes through the roof and basically I self-destruct.  I recently worked with someone who told me,” I think God just needs us to believe, He doesn’t need us to read the Bible and go over board.”  Although, I agree with the statement, “we just need to believe” I disagree with not actively reading God’s word and seeking Him first.  If this is overboard…so be it, but reading God’s word daily and surrounding myself with a supportive Christian atmosphere is the only way I know to get wisdom and understanding.  If we don’t read his word, and seek sound counsel, we are likely to run with our emotions and call it God.  The Bible says, “Your word is a light unto my feet.”   In this crazy world of anything goes, I stay the most sane by seeking His wisdom and understanding.

I hope this helps you be motivated to set daily time for His word.

Be fit and be blessed,


Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment