Sunday, March 5, 2017

Fit Bit ( Staying the Course)

Fit Bit (Staying the Course)

This is Lent.  I have managed to change some habits over the course of the years during Lent.  I am successful when I chose one particular thing and give that up as an act of sacrifice and praise to God for a 40- day period of time.  Things I have given up; artificial sweeteners, flavored creamers, ice cream, cheese and soda.    Now that I look at my list I realize I have actually only given up a couple of those things long term.  I guess I am not doing as well as I thought.  Isn’t that the way it is for most of us?  We desire a health habit change but the long-term follow through is difficult.  This year I originally I picked a couple different things I wanted to do for God this Lent season.  My goals were vague; limit my sugar and ice cream and be more responsible with my spending.  With these vague goals I have already failed miserably.  Today I am regrouping and trying to “Stay the Course”.  Will you join me?  My new plan of attack is to be thankful, put God first and sacrifice sugar aside from my 1/2 Cup of ice cream at night.  I also need to figure out a spending plan, but haven’t nailed that down yet.  Mainly I desire to honor God this Lent season.  Do you?

“Staying the Course” in order to achieve our goals we need to have them clearly defined, manageable and be accountable.  Jesus is with us 24/7.  He knows our every thought and every hair on our heads.  He truly is our most effective and best accountability partner.  Ask Him in, Stay the course.

Colossians 3:23  “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;”



Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly










No comments:

Post a Comment