Monday, January 16, 2023

Public display of faith

I wanted to share this with you somehow. So I copied and pasted this from a post by Billy Cole...Amen!

*************


Cardiac arrest on live TV. 


When Damar went to the ground that was life leaving his body. He was dead on the field until he was resuscitated, twice. 


As I was on the treadmill this morning with praise music filling my ears I had ESPN on mute watching the images of teammates and Bengals players crying and in total astonishment. I began to see these giant gladiators praying under their breath, on one knee, and in Tim Settle’s case literally on both knees and hands begging for their brother’s life. 


The images ended with an ambulance driving off the field with every single person on that field in a circle on bended knee praying for that man’s life. 


Then I saw pictures of Damar on Instagram. He often wore a cross on his cheek in games in eye black and publicly proclaims his Faith on his social media. I began to see the whole situation beyond my shock. I don’t think it’s a coincidence. 


Imagine if we could get as many people that watch Monday Night Football every week to see and feel the Lord’s power and grace. 


WHAT IF WE JUST DID??  


Is it a coincidence that the man who fell lifeless to the turf and had breath refill his lungs in front of I don’t know how many tens of millions of people proclaimed his faith on his cheek and social media?


Is it a coincidence that these giants and superstars didn’t pound their chest or rely on their own bravado or strength to rescue their brother?  


Is it a coincidence that that instead they turned to the Lord Almighty to save his life!?


I’ve never seen an NFL game stopped like that and not resume. The NFL is almighty right?  It’s the hundred billions of dollars machine that never quits churning. The NFL is often a reason we hurry home from church to watch our favorite team or skip it all together. 


Did our God just put that show on pause to show his glory and grace?  Did He just remind the world of his might and his salvation. Of a resurrection?


My heart and my prayers go out to Damar, his family, and his teammates. I don’t know Damar. But I do know for certain that as a Child of God and a man of Faith that he will be healed on this side or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment