Monday, October 26, 2020

 Fit Bit (Conquer the weather)


This Summer I did a lot of paddle boarding.   I really enjoyed what I call, “ paddling with a purpose.”   I bought a racing board and became determined to do a race called “ Chatta Jacks” which is a 31 mile race in Chattanooga, TN scheduled for Oct. 24, 2020.  Then, I was going to do The “Carolina Cup” in early November.  Starting in September we got much colder temperatures and I lost my desire to train on the board.  I lost my motivation because the “Chatta Jacks” went Virtual and I just didn’t “ feel it”.   WOW! Last weekend the virtual race was finished and I did not enter.   I feel a let down.  I did train very hard this Summer, just to give in too; “not feeling it”.


I have found that many people are will ing to validate my, give up. Success in life is to keep on keeping on regardless of how we feel.   (Philippians 4:13 “ I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength”). Many times our goals in life are hard.   When we keep on keeping on in the direction we know God is calling us , no matter how many times we slip and fail that produces character, perseverance and humility.  We all want to give up sometimes.  


Today, as I look out on the freshly fallen snow, I am quite confident I will not be paddling.  But I will be “Fat Biking” and walking my dog.  Today, I chose to embrace the change in weather and continue my goals of staying physically, spiritually and emotionally fit.  For me, I can more easily reach that goal, by making sure I read my Bible daily, pray and get out side regardless of the weather.


 I hope this little Fit Bit, helps you too, conquer the weather!!


Galatians 6:9.

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”


Be fit and be blessed,


Kimberly


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB4eC55dh-U


faithcenteredfitness.com


No comments:

Post a Comment