Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fit Bit (it does matter)


Fit Bit  (It does matter)
Question:  I just got home from a wonderful retreat week.  We ate fresh fruit, vegetables, and lean proteins. We drank water with lemon as our main beverage.  I was set to continue when I got home.   The night the retreat ended I went out for dinner and had a soda instead of water.  It was so good.  I figured it wouldn’t matter.  I had been so good.  The next morning after church I picked up two, litter bottles of soda and have polished them both off.  I have already backed off my water and started sneaking in the bad stuff.  How can I get back on track?

ANNswer; It does matter!!  It is easy to tell ourselves, “a little taste won’t hurt me” Yet those little indiscretions can be the end of our success.  It is very easy to go from, “ it doesn’t matter” to “I can’t do this anyway”.  Before you ordered the soda, I am confident you had a voice of truth inside of you (The Holy Spirit) telling you, “Order water.”  The problem occurred when you decided that “it doesn’t matter.”     Sometimes a little cheating on a diet is OK.  Although, it can be harder to control a little cheating then maintaining a base line of good behavior.  When you are tempted to go back to your old ways, listen to the voice of truth inside of you.  Bad behavior does matter!  Your body is His temple. Would you put just a little graffiti on a beautiful temple? 

John 14:17  “Even the spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him’ but ye know him; but ye know Him for He dwelleth in you, and shall be in you.”

Be fit an be blessed,

Kimberly

http://faithcenteredfitness.com/?110670

No comments:

Post a Comment