Monday, October 8, 2012

Fit Bit (can't wait to get off the fast)


Fit Bit (can’t wait to get off the fast!)
Dear Kimberly,

      I am fasting desserts and flavored creamer until the election as my fasting and praying.  I was hoping I could keep up this behavior up after Nov. 6th.  I keep thinking about how much I can’t wait to get off this fast.  I am afraid I will go right back to my old habits.  What should I do to help me stay with this life change?

Sincerely,

Can’t wait to get off the fast!

Dear Can’t Wait,

    Your mindset on getting off the fast is exactly why diets fail.  If we want to change our lives we have to truly desire that change, long term.
Fasting and praying is powerful.  When we do something with a religious intention it gives us extra incentive.  Yet, if we self- sacrifice for a short time frame without a long term desire to change we are more likely to over indulge when the timeframe is over.  Over indulgence is never pleasing to God.
  Maybe you are fasting too much.  Cut back your fasting to giving up flavored creamers.  Cut back on desserts instead of giving them up completely. Chose healthful desserts.  Fast larger portions size too.  An example of this, a serving size of ice cream is only ½ a cup.  During your fast, eat only recommended serving sizes of reduced fat and calorie ice cream, sherbets or frozen yogurts.  You are still practicing self-discipline with prayer.  The difference is you are looking toward a long-term solution to your over indulgences. Practicing self-control is a behavior pleasing to God.

1 Peter 2:12  “For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers; but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.”

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly



I am confident God will bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment