Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fit Bit ( chosing friends)


Fit Bit (Choose your friends wisely)
Dear Kimberly,
    I am on a quest to be healthy and well.  I am following your 21- day fitness quest.  I love it!  It really helps me keep God first and remember healthful activities everyday.  My friends think my turning from alcohol and being on a health kick is good.  They just don’t’ do it with me.  They say it’s too hard and they aren’t into the “God thing”.  They tell me I was good before I started all this.  I know I wasn’t good.  How can I get my friends to join me?

Sincerely,
Wanting company

Dear Wanting Company,
     It’s time for new friends.  When we turn our lives over to Jesus and try our best to live a healthful, God centered lifestyle we have to get rid of the obstacles that keep us from God, even if they are our friends.

    In kindergarten, we are taught to choose good friends that are honest, kind, giving, sharing and have good citizenship.  We are also taught bad friends are those whom lie, steal, cheat, gossip and are selfish.  In kindergarten we learn how to be good friends. 

When we are adults we have fewer good friends.  Our lives get busy and we don’t take opportunities to find new friends if the old ones are toxic to us.  There are many people who are trying to live God centered healthful lives.  Fellowship with people who are on your same path or you may find yourself backsliding.  You can find new friends in your church (Small groups Bible studies) your health club, recovery groups and other like-minded events. 

To get your current friends to change they first have to want what you have. Continue to try your best to be the person God has called you to be.   You can’t make your friends change.   If they see you prosper they will be enticed. 

Living a God centered, health and wellness life style will improve the quality of your life.  The most important piece is to, KEEP GOD FIRST, do not let anything come between your relationship with God, including your earthly friends.

Be fit and be blessed,

Kimberly

Mathew 6:33 “But, seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.”

2 Thess. 3:6  “Stay away from all believers who live idle lives and don’t follow the tradition the received from us.”




No comments:

Post a Comment